May 29, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge & Joanne's Sketch Plus Three Challenge!




Hi there everyone!  I have had such a CRAZY and BUSY week and there literally has been no time to sit and make anything!  I've been NEEDING to sit down and create, so after dinner tonight, I did just that!  It felt so good!  I hadn't stamped since Tuesday!  I rarely go that long.....but I digress...



Two things on my "Hope to do" list this week were to play with the Embellish Magazine Color Plus Butterflies Challenge and participate in Joanne Basile's Sketch Plus Three Challenge.  Well, for the sake of time, I combined the two!  I used a new set from Taylored Expressions (designed by Taylor herself), Garden Party Critters.  I used the colors from the Embellish Magazine challenge and for Joanne's Sketch Plus Three I used Kraft, Stitching, Gingham, Paper Piecing and Bling! (wow, I didn't realize I used 5!!)  I have the HARDEST time photographing Kraft cardstock....it always seems so gray!  I am very happy with how this card turned out!



That's all from me tonight!  I hope the remainder of your weekend is fantastic!  We are finally experiencing some beautiful weather!  YIPPEE!!
Paper:  Kraft, True Black, Spring Moss, Bitty Box and Bitty Dot DP
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories & Tools:  Classic Oval and Big Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Gingham Ribbon, EKSuccess Scallop Punch, Adhesive Gems (KaiserCraft), Sewing Machine, Foam Tape

25 comments:

Christina said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Jackie! I adore that big gingham ribbon and your dimensional butterfly!

Maureen said...

gorgous, Jackie!!! Love the stitching and that ribbon!!! YUMMY!!

Nancy Riley said...

STUNNING!!!

Laurie said...

What a CUTE card! I love the stitching as always! And the butterfly is super cute!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Jackie!!! Great colour combo and I love the paper pieced butterflies, your stitching and use of the sketch! Fantastic job on this card :D

Amy Sheffer said...

I have a new favorite Jackie card! AWESOME card!!

Sarah Souza said...

This is such a beautiful card! It has me anxiously awaiting delivery of my Simply Chartreuse cardstock. :-)

Michelle said...

I love this card! The double butterfly, dots and gingham are just perfect.

Barbara said...

Oooo, I love this, Jackie! You rocked both challenges, girl!

Keva said...

I just love this card. The colors are beautiful and so is the sketch, but all of your little details make it striking. The sewing, the nestie panel with the butterfly..love it all!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, such an elegant card! :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Jackie! I'm glad you finally got time to stamp!

Diane Jaquay said...

Fantastic card Jackie!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I for one am THRILLED you got to stamp, cause girl, this is GORGEOUS!!! Miss you!!

Jenna Wunderlich said...

I love everything about this card!:)

Allison said...

I LOVE this card! It's so gorgeous! Fabulous take on the challenges. I love the paper piecing on the butterfly and all the stitching!

Lisa Voerg said...

Great take on the challenges. I love your card. Lots of details that really make the card stand out.

Jen Carter said...

That is gorgeous!! I love your colors and that sketch so much! The ribbon is awesome and the way you did you butterfly is so cool too!

Sarah said...

WOW! I love this. I would never normally think to put these three colors together - but your final result is stunning.

Amy Kolling said...

I love how that butterfly looks like it's going to fly off your card!!! Great sketch, great card!!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, this card is amazing- I really need to write down that color combo as I like it a lot!

Unknown said...

Over the top gorgeous! I so love this!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so beautiful, love the colors!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful. Love all the detail you put into your creation.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the gingham check ribbon! Thanks for joining the Embellish Butterflies Color Challenge!