November 5, 2010

Friendship Warms The Heart {MFTWSC11032010}


Hi there and Happy Friday!  After dinner last night while the girls were doing their homework, I sat down to make a card for this week's Wednesday Stamp Club over in the MFT forums on SCS, MFTWSC11032010.   It's a WONDERFUL sketch and I couldn't wait to play.  I pulled out my much loved but VERY neglected Pure Innocence stamps and chose this fun image called Merry Kissmas.  I paired it with some new Echo Park Wintertime DP.  This paper is gorgeous.....one of my fave combos of colors for the winter!




I did some paper piecing and coloring with Copics over different parts of the image.  I finished it with some Crystal Coarse Glitter by Martha Stewart. 

The sentiment was cut out with a die from the Ribbon Tag Trio by Spellbinders.  Before removing it from the die, I sponged some Not Quite Navy ink to the center.  It is attached to the card with foam tape and some Divine Twine.  A patterned paper snowflake, button and more Divine Twine finish the card.

Well, that's all from me today!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by...




Stamps:  Merry Kissmas Pure Innocence (MFT)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler (SU!), White (PTI), Echo Park Wintertime DP
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Not Quite Navy
Accessories:  Oval Nestabilities, Ribbon Tag Trio (Spellbinders), Divine Twine, Winter Wonderland Snowflake Dies (Taylored Expressions), Button, Corner Chomper, Foam Tape

27 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Jackie, this is just beautiful...such great patterns and sweetness!!

Lisa H. said...

oh, so sweet!

Keva said...

Wonderful colors, Jackie and I love the papers. You use some of the cutest papers on your cards!

StampOwl said...

adorable Jackie, love everything about it

Jana said...

Love Love this card!

Marisa said...

Love it!! That DP is gorgeous and my LSS has it on sale today so guess where I'm going LOL! Love how you paper pieced. Great card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

GORGEOUS Jackie. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! That card is stunning. I love the red, white and frosty blue color combo and the perfect paper piecing! Your blog rocks!

Diane Jaquay said...

AWWWW, absolutely DARLING!!

Rose said...

Adorable card, love the colors and layout, beautiful work.

Kathy Martin said...

This card ROCKS! Love the design, colors, papers, stamps...it's all so fantastic!

Dawn Easton said...

eeek! This is adorable my friend!!! Wonderful design!!!

Maureen said...

oh, fun patterned paper there, "Queen!" :) Love that the bakers twine looks like candycanes :)

Bev J. said...

Love the cute image with the glitter and the dp is so pretty-tfs.

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love the paper piecing on this adorable image! Great card!

Gabby said...

This card is so blasted cute! Love the image--and your paper choices, colors, and piecings border perfection! :) Oh, and I adore thhe candy cane bakers twine as well!

Anonymous said...

Pedro, this is freakin' amazing!! I love every detail of it!

Karen Motz said...

Oh Jackie!!! This makes my heart melt!!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Jackie! Love the sweetly colored image, DP and everything about this!

Ida said...

So cute and charming. Made me smile when I saw it.

Allison said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours, piecing and twine!

Eileen said...

Oh this is amazing. I love it. Every little piece of it. eileen x

Geri said...

Your color combos are ALWAYS perfect! I wanna be you!

Michele Boyer said...

GADS! Totally adorable! I love your work.

Erin Smetak said...

This is so awesome Jackie!!! I absolutely LOVE it! It's a perfect card! And congrats on being Favorite Find of the month!!!! I just saw it on the MFT blog!!!! You go girl!!! :D

littleeifwife said...

Congratulations! This card is absolutely beautiful! I have to get this stamp, my daughter loves snowmen!

Nancy Jensen said...

Very nice! Congrats for being the favorite find of the month on MFT blog!