February 20, 2011

You're Dino-Mite! {SSSC105}


Hi there!  I hope you all had a nice weekend!  Hubby and I got a little alone time without the kids (my Mom and Dad took them for the night) and we got to see True Grit and go out to dinner at one of our fave restaurants!  It was great!

I had some time today so I played in my hilarious friend Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch!  What a fun sketch!  I actually used the same image she did!  This card is going to my nephew who I don't see often enough!

I stamped the dinosaur from the Taylored Expressions set, Kid at Heart, in Pumpkin Spice fluid chalk ink twice, popping one up for dimension.  I colored in some dirt and grass myself.  It was cut out with Circle Nestabilities.  The patterned paper is Echo Park Little Boy dp. I used some baker's twine and a button to mimic the long piece in the sketch and added the sentiment in the upper left corner. 


Well that's all from me today!
 


11 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of Karen's sketch. Loving all the polka dots and the twine :) You must have very large spools of twine in your craft area LOL!

Cathy Weber said...

I really like this card Jackie. The stitching around the squares and the twine are just right. Cute little dinosaur too.

Debbie Gaydos said...

Adorable, Jackie! I love that image, how cute is that little dino?? Sweet card!

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable girl!!! I need to get more of that baker's twine! I'm running low...ack!

Allison said...

So cute! I love it!

Karen Giron said...

Aw, yours is WAY more cute! LOVE the grass and the banner and the twine and the... SNORT! hee! Super cute.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute!!!

Keva said...

This is super cute!

Becky Carafa said...

Love love love this! Love the pop of orange!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE how you popped him up and the little bit of ground below him!!

Denise Marzec said...

Total CUTEness!!!