September 27, 2010

Have a Wildly Wicked Halloween {MTSC93}



Hi there!!  It's Tuesday and it's time for another one of Mercy's sketches and this week's is a goodie!  Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but I've been really busy in my real life!  I have been stamping, but it's nothing I can show you just yet!  I have two big releases that start next week from Taylored Expressions and Verve!  So stay tuned because you won't want to miss a thing!

I wanted to make another Halloween card (my girls like to give them to their friends) so I took out the new Taylored Expressions set, Hangin' Out ~ Wicked Wardrobe.  I just love this witch dress!  I used some of the Echo Park Halloween paper, some of it from the Fright Night Project Pantry and some from my LSS.  I paper pieced the dress and colored the witch hat with Copics and cut out.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with Double Ended Tag die and was sponged with some Pumpkin Pie ink while still in the die.  I did the same technique with the long rectangle behind the dress.  The ribbon is also from the Fright Night Project Pantry and the black brads are from my stash.  A little black stitching finishes it off!

Don't forget to check out what the other girls have done with this fab sketch!

Lori Tecler {September Guest Muse}

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Jackie that dress IS "wicked"! I love this...your take on the sketch paired with those DP makes one fab card!

Cindy Haffner said...

LOVIN this!!

Dana said...

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! I love those wicked wardrobe stamps! Jeeze Jackie, can you share some of your mojo please? *grin*

Lisa H. said...

soooo super cute, Jackie!

Julie said...

This is SO cute, Jackie! Love the fun witch dress!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Adorable, Jackie! I really love the touches of black stitching all around thepanels. SO cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely cute Jackie!!

Kristina said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love that paper pieced dress, and the fun Halloween colors. I almost never make Halloween cards, but I sure love to look at them!

Anne Tussing said...

I love this card! The papers match so perfectly! Your take on the sketch is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

This is just darling, Jackie!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

beautifully done, jackie...LOVE this set! amazing job on this week's sketch challenge!

Christina Fischer said...

Omgosh -- I LOVE this!! That dress is too wicked! :)

Liz said...

This are is AWESOME! I love that witchy dress! Great layering and I love that pattern paper, Echo Park Paper Co. rocks! :)

Allison said...

So fun! Love the combo of dp and all the stitching!

Linda said...

This is wonderful. I saw the play for the 3x yesterday.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Michele said...

This is the cutest ever Halloween card! You are very talented!