October 2, 2010

Just A Blog Hop!

Welcome to Just A Blog Hop.  We were invited to put aside all of our stamping oriented obligations and deadlines and create something just for fun.  The hop guidelines were simple: choose a challenge to play and choose either a new uninked stamp or an old favorite.  Create a card and mail it to someone.  What could be better to celebrate World Card making day?  I chose to work with this week's sketch from Taylor Van Bruggen, TESC130 and my new Miss You A Latte a la mode stamp from My Favorite Things! 

If you've arrived here from the Jen Balcer's Blog then you're in the right place, but if you've just happened along, then head on over to my friend Jami Sibley's blog to start from the beginning!

Let's get to it!





I stamped this darling image in Memento Tuxedo Black on Vintage Cream cardstock, colored in with Copics and then rounded the corners with my beloved Corner Chomper.  Really, if you don't have that tool after all of my praise for it, what's holding you up?  LOL!  It's really an amazing tool!  But I digress......

The patterned paper is all October Afternoon and the cardstock, ribbon and button is Papertrey Ink.  A little machine stitching and some Chocolate Farmer's Market twine finish it off!

Now this card will be sent to someone that LOVES latte's and might be enjoying one now that she has had her baby and who I miss very much.....wonder who that could be?  Now won't you play along and make a card JUST FOR FUN and send it to someone special?

Happy World Card Making Day!!!

The next stop on this hop is the wildly talented Tosha Leyendekker!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Taylor said...

Too cute, Jackie! I always love your combo of patterned papers!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Girl!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

ACK!! This is too cute Jackie!! Love your papers and your whole design!!

Sara Mac said...

Adorable card Jackie! Love those patterned papers and the big chocolate button.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Love it!!
I'm totally addicted to OA paper lately! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome card! I love the image and the papers you used. Thanks for sharing. Happy World Card Making Day :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love love love this card Jackie!!! The paper, the stitching, the coloring, the ribbon and button... everything has come together perfectly!!! I think I NEED that stamp!

Hugs,
Lisa

Allison said...

Fabulous! Love the colours and you're colouring is awesome!

Diane McVey said...

That is TOO CUTE! Love the image and the colors you chose! :D Happy WCMD! :D

Monika/Buzsy said...

Hmm... coffe... love it! What a great card Jackie. Love the colors and images... great job with the sketch! :o)

Lori Craig said...

Pass me a cup of coffee, please. Such a sweet card! Love your layers, stitching, coloring! Such a sweet card!

Jami said...

Someone is going to love love love this card! The sketch turned sideways is so perfect for this adorable image! Thanks for playing today!

Emily said...

This is SO cute! I love the big white scallops! Great touch!

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFUL, Jackie! Love your coloring and the sponged sentiment!

Danielle L. said...

Fabulous card Jackie! Sweet coloring and paper combo!

Melody said...

Adorable Jackie! She is the cutest!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Cute cute cute! Perfect colours and colouring, and the sentiment is so...perfect!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

so, so cute, Jackie!

Jodi Collins said...

O.M.G. Jacks. I SO hope that I am the friend that LOVES latte's and just had a baby that is getting this card!! LOL!!! Your coloring is OUT of this world and I LOVE the rounded corners!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I need a latte that size to get through my PreK day!LOL!! Super cute card Jackie!

quilt4fun2 said...

A wonderful card. I like puns a Latte! They make me smile :D