October 4, 2010

Ecclesiastes 3:11 ~ Verve Sneak Peek {MTSC94}



Hi there!  It's Tuesday and it's time for another one of Mercy's sketches!  I also have a super sneak peek of a beautiful new Plain Jane from Verve, Ecclesiastes 3:11.  The official sneak peeks for Verve start tomorrow but we were given the go ahead to start with the Plain Jane's a little early!!

I won't lie and say this sketch was easy for me, but I am happy with the end result!  I had a really hard time with the five panels in the back, but I worked it out!   I'm not much of a distresser, but I started so I couldn't stop!  What do you think?

The Verse was stamped in Dark Chocolate on Rustic Cream cardstock, cut out with Rectangle Nesties and sponged with Tea Dye Distress ink while still in the die.  The flowers are from Great Friend and were paper pieced with some October Afternoon dp.  I added a button and some twine to the center.  Some machine stitching finishes it off!

The sneak peeks for Verve start tomorrow!  You can check out the Verve blog tomorrow to see which design team members will be participating each day.  It wouldn't be a Verve Release without some Release Week Challenges!  You can check it out here.  Can't wait for you to see all of the new goodness!!

Don't forget to check out my fellow Muse's for more inspiration with this sketch and please give a big welcome to our new Guest Muse for October, Heather Pulvirenti!  Welcome, Heather!!

Heather Pulvirenti (October's Guest Muse)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Ecclesiastes 3:11 Plain Jane, Great Friend (Verve)
Paper:  Kraft, Rustic Cream, October Afternoon DP
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Distress Ink
Accessories & Tools:  Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Buttons, Twine, Distress Tool, Sewing Machine, Ribbon, Foam Tape

16 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeousness, Jackie! Love that verse and the mix of colours.

Cindy Haffner said...

So very BEAUTIFUL Jackie!!

Pam Varnell said...

Awww Jackie this is so pretty and elegant. Love how you sponged the main image panel. Beautiful card girl.

Maureen said...

gorgeous and fabulous!!! I'm getting this stamp for sure!!! Love sneak peeks!!!! Always love your choice of papers :)

Julie said...

Beautiful, Jackie! LOVE the colors!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS sample for this week's sketch challenge, jackie! love that layered flower...awesome addition! :)

Kay D said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your distressed edges, the beautiful colors, and your sponged sentiment panel- love it, love it!

Keva said...

Pretty card, Jackie. I love the colors.

Vickie Z said...

Love it... you did a great job with all those panels and the distressing is perfect!!

Monique said...

Gorgeous card Jackie.. I love the distressed edges and your big bloom :)Great job!!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the sketch also. TFS

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

So earthy and absolutely perfect!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow Jackie! Love this....Your cutting skills are amazing! I've seen this flower 2 times today.....I'm going over to take a look at this set!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Jackie!!! Love the distressing and the paper pieced flower!

silvia said...

Beautiful card!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!