December 17, 2012

MFT December Creative Challenge ~ Background Building

Hi there!  I'm back with the December Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things.  This month's challenge is called Background Building.  The goal is to build a background using any MFT stamps and dies, no patterned paper!

I love all of the new backgrounds stamp sets that MFT has released over the last few months, especially Darling Dots from Lisa Johnson Designs, specifically the large dotted background.  I knew I would use this particular stamp on my project, as this set just sits on my desk within hand's reach :)

I started with some Instagram pics I had printed that were taken on Mother's Day earlier this year.  I LOVE these pics of me and my girls and knew I had to get them on a scrapbook page.



The title was a combination of fonts using my Silhouette and the Die-namics High Rise Uppercase Alphabet.  The ampersand is layered on a Pink Lemonade Circle STAX.  I added some machine stitching through each word to make it stand out a little more.  



I used Die-namics Lead the Way for the vellum arrow pointing to the bottom picture.  Some more vellum was used for the Decorative Doily.  Layered on top of the doily is a Hearts A Plenty heart cut from corrugated cardstock and a Plentiful Petals flower that was first stamped with the graph stamp from Journal It: Graph Paper Notes and finished with a Pink Lemonade button and some Hemp Cord.




Here's another Plentiful Petals flower, again stamped with the Journal It: Graph Paper Notes graph stamp and finished with a Pink Lemonade button and Hemp Cord.  It's layered on another vellum Lead the Way arrow.




Another flower on the left side of the page (rule of thirds!).




And another Lead the Way arrow cut from vellum.




The Die-namics I used:











13 comments:

Jenny said...

You are ridiculous!!! If only you sewed you'd be a triple threat!!! (you don't sew, do you? probably. ) Just gorgeous! I always really look forward to your scrap pages!!!! AMAZING <3

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous I love the page layout the colours and design are os beautiful. Caroline xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty layout Jackie! Love the embossed dots and all the pretty flowers! Happy Holidays!

Kim said...

What a pretty pretty page Jackie, I love the vellum arrows.

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous details!!! Such wonderful pictures of you and the girls too!
I've never been a background stamper but I have to say that I've been eyeing those dots and that set will be in my cart after Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration!

Casandra Bennett said...

This is very sweet. I have so few photos with me in them, so I know how rare they must be for other papercrafters. :)

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous!!!! love the kraft, ALL the kraft! gorgeous background stamps. that flower with the grid looks amazing.

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW!!! This is STUNNING, Jackie! LOVE the white on Kraft with a touch of pink...SOOOOOO pretty...your pics are beautiful!!! Note to self...get me some vellum...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vellum!!!
Hugs,t

Queen Mary said...

Excellent job Jackie! Excellent use of the dots -- for those times the "just right" or perfect patterned paper is not available! Who needs it? I just have to say your girls are gorgeous!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous page! I love the colors and the dots are so pretty.

Barbara said...

Another gorgeous page, Jackie! And a great use of the dots! Love this!

scrappingnana said...

Great layout. Love the white dotted background on the kraft. All your embellishments are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Motz said...

Love those big white dots with the sprinkling of rhinestones!