April 13, 2013

Make a Wish {SSSC182}

Hi there!  It's time for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch and we have a GREAT simple sketch for you this week!  

I took the opportunity to make a birthday card for my Dad who celebrates his birthday on Monday.  I went simple and masculine for my card.  So go easy on me :)  Masculine is difficult for me!

I used MFT's Birthday Sentiments along with the new Border It - Mod Borders.  The Die-namics dies I used are Circle STAX Set 1 and Set 2, Fishtail Flags STAX, and Blueprints 1.  You'll find a link to everything I used at the bottom of my post.

So here is his card.  You can see here that I flipped the front panel by putting the circle element at the bottom as opposed to the top.  I did that because there was too much pattern all in one place. 
  
And here is the inside:

Here is this week's sketch:

Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch team:


And don't forget our Guest Designer for this week:  Eileen Ng!

Here are the links to the products I used:


9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

What a wonderful birthday card for your Dad it is gorgeous!

Karen Giron said...

Your card is perfect! I love the black and kraft together and the background stamping is amazing. Love it! Your dad will love it too :)

Karen Motz said...

This is awesome Jacks! I love the sentiment circle with the little banner hanging off and the black and Kraft combo!

Vicki Burdick said...

Amazing design Jackie, love that you went masculine! I have such a hard time with those types of cards, this is wonderful!!!

Tracy said...

This seriously rocks Jackie! I saw it on FB and was instantly drawn in. Love everything about it. Masculine cards are always such a challenge but you made it look anything but!

scrappingnana said...

A great masculine card. Love all the details. TFS

Lori said...

Fabulous masculine birthday card! The kraft and black look great together.

Anonymous said...

That is seriously fantastic considering you said you aren't super comfortable w/ masculine cards! It's wonderful!

Dana White said...

The black and the kraft are fantastic together.