April 27, 2013

Party Time {SSSC183}

Hi there!  It's time again for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch!  I have to admit that I struggled with this week's sketch and went a bit rogue by switching up the scallops, but the sketch is there!  I hope you get a chance to play along!

For my card today, I used a new set from MFT called Cupcake Cutie.  Isn't she so cute?  I can't tell you the last time I colored an image! Some of my most used Copics were actually dried out!  OOPS!  I forgot how relaxing it is to just sit and color.

I colored the image with Copics.  It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but I stamped some polka dots from Darling Dots in Wild Cherry Ink onto Wild Cherry cardstock.  The houdstooth pattern is from Spring Backgrounds and was stamped in Wild Cherry, too.  The scallops were made with the Die-namics Open Simply Scallops Trio.  I used the Die-namics Flower and Leaf Trio for the flowers and finished them with some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye. The sentiment is from Doodle Garden Party Time and was stamped on two Mini Wavy Pennants Die-namics.



Here is this week's sketch:


Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:


And don't forget our Guest Designer this week:  Arielle Gordon!

Here are the links to the products I used:



15 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

eek! Adorable, Jackie! Love all that red!!

Anonymous said...

Pedro, this is perfect! I agree with Dawn, love all the red!

Lori said...

Too cute! Love all the red on red!

Vicki Burdick said...

so adorable!!!!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE! All that red is just delightful! I need to try using just one colour like that, it's so striking!

Tracy said...

Jackie!!!!!! This is fan-freaking-tastic! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the red. You nailed this. I would love it if we could get together one day to stamp. I could learn so much from you!

Alina said...

I love it, Jackie!

scrappingnana said...

Ohh, she is so pretty. Love the red.

Dana White said...

The red is so cheery. Super sweet card Jackie

Karen Giron said...

You are so clever by making a little sentiment banner with the flower - love that!! What a fun card; she is adorable in red!

Lynn Put said...

How adorable! Your coloring looks awesome on this cute image and I love the little banners under you flower!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Gisela said...

AWESOME card! Perfect in every way.

Lisa H. said...

JACKIE! I ♥ this soooo, so much. she is so sweet.

Tracey said...

Adorable! Love the red!