June 2, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks ~ Day 2!

Hi everyone! Today is day two of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions and I think you're going love these sets as much as I do!  Half of the Baker's Dozen is peeking a new Cuppie set called Udderly Sweet along with the coordinating Udderly Sweet Project Pantry Kit.  The other half of the Baker's Dozen is peeking two new sets, Summer Afternoon and Care & Comfort. I have two projects using Summer Afternoon and Care & Comfort. 

Summer Afternoon is a set of 11 beautiful silhouette stamps designed by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes Line. Care & Comfort is a set of nine beautiful sympathy sentiments and Bible verses that also coordinates perfectly with Summer Afternoon. All of the sets you have and will see this week will be available for purchase at the Taylored Expressions Store on Friday June 4th @ 8:00 am PST.

Let's get to the samples now, shall we?

This card uses the new Summer Afternoon. The silhouettes in this set are so gorgeous. I used these colors the other day on a card for the Embellish Magazine Color Challenge with Butterflies and loved it so much that I decided to use it again on both of my cards today. The flower silhouette was stamped in Spring Moss ink and was cut out with Classic Square Nesties and layered on a black Big Scallop Square Nestability. The diamond scored background was done with a Scor-Pal and I think I'm addicted to my Corner Chomper because I can't stop rounding the corners of my cards! The Corner Chomper ROCKS!


Here is a close up of the sentiment! It reminds me of summer when I was young and didn't have any responsibility. Ahhhhh......I also ruffled my ribbon and added a button with some twine.


This card uses the new Care & Comfort (sentiment), Summer Afternoon (large flourish) and Garden Party Critters (butterfly). Most of the sentiments in Care & Comfort fit inside the large flourish from Summer Afternoon. I used the same colors as the first card and just find this so soothing. I rounded all of the corners with the Corner Chomper, ruffled the ribbon, and added some stitches with rustic jute twine. Do you ever have a card that comes together so easily and that you really love? That's how I feel about this card.....

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has done with the new sets peeked today!

Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

Marisa said...

These are fabulous, Jackie. Love the colour combo and the cards.

Taylor said...

So pretty, Jackie! I love the soothing color combo and the ruffled ribbons!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Jacks! These are STUNNING girlie! The colors and layouts are SO soothing and I ADORE the ribbon treatments!!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous peeks, Jackie! Love both of your cards. :)

Karen Giron said...

OMGoodness, these are fabulous! I love the color combo, it's perfect for these sets - and that ribbon! OH MY!!!!

Jami said...

Wow Jacks you've really knocked it out of the park today! So many wonderful little details on such calm serene beautiful cards!

Debbie Gaydos said...

WOW, Jackie, these are both AMAZING! I especially adore the 2nd one, but both are gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie! Love the images... great color combo... you ribbon treatment is fabulous! :o)

Alex said...

These are just heavenly Jackie!! what a beautiful color combo, and layouts. These are just stunning!!

Dana said...

Aha! Here is that post that vanished! Really amazing design work here Jackie. Just wonderful. I am in love with these silhouette stamps.

Melody said...

Beautiful! Love the ribbon treatment!

Pam Varnell said...

This is just stunning Jackie. Love it, especially the colors.

Keva said...

Ooh!! Both of those are VERY pretty..love the colors again, but just the small details I really like...

Diane Jaquay said...

Jackie, both of these are so LOVELY! I really love the long card, I have a thing for long cards (even though I hardly ever make them myself lol ;) Really exquisite work!

Carolina said...

Awesome cards Jackie! You rock long cards and love the elegance you achieved with both!

San Jose girls are feelin' this color combo today, it's the same one I used today...hee, hee! Aren't you lovin' this weather?

Kathy Martin said...

What LOVELY cards! Love the black with the green and the twill work! :)

Donna Baker said...

beautiful cards, Jackie! I also adore your bird card from yesterday with your perfect sponging!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow Jackie....these cards are timeless! I love that color combination! Both layouts are fantastic!!

Lori said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie!!! Loving the colors and the twill!! :)

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG Jackie, LOVE those butterflies!! They look SO real and that ribbon treatment, well it's STUNNING!!

Laurie said...

Jackie you never cease to amaze me! You know I adore both cards! The colors and the ribbon and the little twine stitches....all adorable!!

Karen Motz said...

Wow Jackie, these are stunning!!!! I love all the little details on each card...so pretty!

Erica said...

Great cards! Love that first one!

Barbara said...

Love them both, Jackie! Gorgeous colors and layouts, and fabulous images!

Becky Carafa said...

These are just beautiful, looks like two great sets!

Allison said...

These are both stunning! Love the colours and layouts!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic creations, the circle element is my favorite, so different!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How gorgeous, Jackie! So soft and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What gorgeousness!! I love it!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful designs, Jackie! Thanks for joining the Embellish Butterflies Color Challenge!