December 12, 2011

MFT December Creative Challenge ~ It's A Wrap!

Hi there!  It's time again for this month's Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things!  This month's challenge is called It's a Wrap!  We are focusing on creative gift giving solutions.....gift packaging, bows, tags, custom boxes, etc....

Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a list of designers who have creative gift solutions for you today!

I was in need of a small box for a gift and while I had out all of the supplies, made a tag that coordinates!


I made a pizza box using this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.  These boxes are so simple to make!  The box was cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock to match the colors in the Simple Stories Twelve Days of Christmas patterned paper.  The poinsettias were made using the Die-namics Upsy Daisy dies.  The sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Christmas, was masked so that I could separate the two words.  They were stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink onto a sentiment flag cut using the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon die. I added some machine stitching and finished each flower/poinsettia with a twine tied button.  If you scroll down, you'll see that I made a belly band to hold the box closed.


Here is a picture of the belly band off of the box:


I used the Die-namics Tag You're It die, along with the Die-namics Upsy Daisy die and the Die-namics Fancy Flourish Die.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics and Stamp Set.  Some checked ribbon, twine and a button finish the tag!


Here are the Die-namics I used:




Well, that's all from me today!  I hope I inspired you to try some creative gift packaging of your own!

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Karen Motz said...

LOVE that little pizza box and the coordinating tag is perfect!!!!!!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO gorgeous and elegant! I love it. Those colors are so rich and you added so many amazing details to stare at. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Jackie, this is a gorgeous set! Love the papers and all of your dies! Fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Jackie - love this fun set! Your colors are what won me over~ TFS

wendy said...

so pretty ...love the look and the colors are perfect!

Barbara said...

I love this, Jackie! What a gorgeous little box! All of your details are amazing!!!

Kim said...

What a gorgeous project Jackie!

Jodi Collins said...

This is the PERFECT little box for a giftie, and I ADORE your matching tag too!!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo fabulous Jackie. I love the little box and your sentiment flags are beautiful.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely gift set Jackie. The papers and flowers are gorgeous. :o)

Kary said...

Jackie, this is such a lovely set!! The band holding the box and the tag are beautiful!! Great idea! TFS!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Super pretty Jackie!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Debbie Carriere said...

Jackie, this is so beautiful!! Love the belly band and the gorgeous tag!!

Inge Groot said...

Wow such a gorgeous little gift box and the matching tag is beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet gift set, Jackie! Love the little belly band and darling tag!

Melody said...

What a wonderful little box, a gift all my itself! Love the papers and colors!

Megan said...

I love the houndstooth. It's so pretty!

StampOwl said...

this is gorgeous Jackie

Trisha said...

Very elegant and pretty. Great pizza box and awesome colors.

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous!!! Love these papers... Pizza box is wonderful... And you know I think you are the QUEEN or maybe EMPRESS of tags!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your projects are GORGEOUS, love the flower and flourish and the pretty patterned papers!!