December 6, 2011

Raider Football!!!

Hi there and welcome to the My Favorite Things New Product Tour!  Everything you've seen peeked the last seven days is now available for purchase in the MFT Boutique!  But before you rush over to the store to get your goodies, why don't you hop around with the MFT Design Team to gather just a little more inspiration from those sets you've got your eye on!

Head on over to Kim's Blog for a link to each designer!

My card comes with a warning.....if you don't like the Oakland Raiders then this post might not be for you!  LOL!  I am married to a tried and true Oakland Raider fan.  My hubby, Frank, loves the Raiders so much he even has a Raider tattoo on his forearm.....but let's keep that between you and me, K?  When I saw the new All Star Die-namics and Stamp set I knew I HAD to make him a Raider card!  He's going to love it!

I die cut a football, stamping the threads in Fresh Snow ink.   See the little Raider emblem?  I found an image online, shrunk it down, cut it out and put it on the football!  The pedestal the football sits on was cut from black cardstock.    "Game On" was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and is also a little die from the set.  I love that these dies give an impression on the cardstock.  I sewed around the circle one stitch at a time.  Jody does this all the time and even though my thumb was numb and tired from turning the dial on the sewing machine, it was well worth it for the look!  The letters were cut using the new By the Letters Die-namics dies.


Here is the finished inside with another sentiment from the set.  I think this is how my hubby really feels :)



And here's a close up of the football:



And the Die-namics I used:


Well that's all from me!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

23 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jackie,

I bet your husband is in HEAVEN!!! :) What a great card!!!!!! I'm not even a huge raider fan (went to college with Troy Aikman, so kind of like the Cowboys-but I'm more of a basketball fan, but growing up in Cali so many of my friends were Raider fans!), but I love your card! You did a great job!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Becky Carafa said...

This is AWESOME!!!! Can you make me a duplicate to give to MY hubby? He's been a Raiders fan since he was a kid, too! No tat, though. And now Adam is obsessed with football, it's so funny! I do like football myself, so football season is our fave!

Angel said...

what an AWESOME card!!! will have to CASE this for hubby, except it'll be a Giants card! so cool!

Dawn Easton said...

Jackie, this is BRILLIANT! I am sure your husband is going to LOVE it!!! It's so fun!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

You are awesome! Your husband is going to love this card!!! I'm a 49ers fan myself, lol. And I won't mention we are 10/2 right now, that wouldn't be polite, lol. Seriously, that little emblem you put on the football is so great. I love this and now I will have this set on my wishlist (my order is already in.)

zehra said...

lovely card, bet your husband wi,ll love it, i love how the letters look, hopefully i will be able to put them to as good a use as you all do

Melissa E. said...

Your hubby will love it!

Peggy said...

Spectacular man card!!

Marisa said...

Eeeeek, this is FABULOUS! Your hubby will be in great debt to you after he receives it. Need any favors done - sure he'll do them LOL! GREAT card!! Well done on the Raider emblem!

Lisa H. said...

Sa-WEET! this rocks, Jackie....so fun!

Laurie said...

Great card (as always) - love the dp and what you did with it!

KathyE said...

What an AWESOME card. I love it!!! Even though they are playing my beloved team the Packers this weekend (LOL) I still love it.

wendy said...

whow Jackie...great card...surely hubby will love it

Anonymous said...

Jackie, you totally rocked this card! Hubby will LOVE it, ya hear?! You were so smart to find the Raider logo to put on it! Now I have to do an LSU one for our upcoming game with 'Bama...teehee. {My dh is an alumnus}
Great idea, sweetie!
Hugz2u!

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome card!!!! Love the emblem you added!! I may lift this, but for the Pats :). I LOVE all your cards, Jackie!!

April said...

That card is AWESOME!! Any football hubby or wife would LOVE that.... What a genius idea! My order is already in too... Going on the wishlist!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is incredible, Jackie! Your hubby will have to frame this! Love the addition of the logo on the football and FAB stitching around the circle!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO cool Jacks! I am sure Frank will LOVE this! LOVE how you stitched around the circle a la Jody!!!

Tanya said...

this is so cool and so clever! Hubby will love it!

Tricia T said...

LOL!! He'll love it!

Michele Boyer said...

This is fantastic, Jackie! I love the little emblem you added! It's perfect for your hubby!

Becca-expressions said...

Oh my...I am so totally CASE'ing this. My husband is a HUGE Raider fan. You've just turned me into a hero!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie...this is great! What a neat idea. I'm laughing because I just made my hubbies 49er birthday card last night! I'll email you a picture of it. Have a great day!