May 7, 2012

May Creative Challenge from MFT ~ Wreaths

Hi there!  It's May Creative Challenge time for My Favorite Things and I can't wait for you to see my project.  But first, here are some specifics about this month's challenge:

"Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're creating wreaths. Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have put their MFT stamps and/or Die-namics dies to work to create a wreath for you today!"

Okay, so this was truly a CHALLENGE for me as I rarely stray from cardmaking or scrapbooking when faced with creative time.  However, once I got started on my wreath I had a blast, thanks to my Die-namics dies!  And my wreath will go oh so perfectly in my "hopefully sometime soon" bedroom/craft area makeover!

I started with a 10 inch foam wreath, wrapped it with some burlap strips (actually, this was the hardest part for me) and then got to work cutting, rolling and hot glueing all my flowers to the wreath.

The Die-namics I used on my wreath are Botanical Beauty, Large Royal Rose, Mini Royal Roses, Royal Leaves, Leafy Flourish and Large Leafy Flourish.  All the patterned papers are Authentique Loyal.










Here are the Die-namics I used:









Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love the wreath wrapped in burlap

Lisa H. said...

IT'S awesome! love the papers you used and alll those flowers....gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Get out girl! This is GORGEOUS!!!! You have given me an idea to get busy making one of these with Chloe! I think she'd have so much fun as a mom and daughter project!!!

scrappingnana said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love the burlap wrapped wreath and the blue flowers go great with it. TFS

wendy said...

whow ...gorgeous Jackie...love the colors you chose to use and the burlap makes it fantastic!

Tricia T said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!!!

Karen Giron said...

Holy cow!! Seriously gorgeous - wow. I love the colors and how perfect your flowers and leaves are - just beautiful!

irishgalkelly said...

Amazing Jackie! I love your wreath and the soft blue colors. This is SO pretty! Would make a great teacher appreciation gift or Mother's Day gift as well.

Trisha said...

Love your wreath, Jackie. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just lovely!

Debbie Carriere said...

Jackie, this is gorgeous!! Love your color scheme!

Queen Mary said...

This is beautiful Jackie -- I know I'm going in reverse chronological order -- but I still love the blues and green! :)

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous! Those gingham flowers are FABULOUS! And I love the burlap!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous wreath Jackie. Loving the different dies you used... the blue hues look great. Have a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!