May 28, 2012

MFT Creative Chat ~ May



Hi there!!  Welcome to the May Creative Chat from My Favorite Things!  This month we are showing you our Ink Pad Storage!  I happen to love my ink pad storage and I am eager to see how the other girls store their ink pads!  I always get a new idea when I read the other posts!

Head on over to the MFT blog for a link to each participating designer.

I happen to have alot of ink pads.  I started off with most of the Stampin' Up ink pads and over the years have slowly added to my collection.  I have quite a few of the ColorBox Fluid Chalk inks, a handful of Memento ink pads (Memento Tuxedo Black is my go-to for use with Copic Markers) and some of the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads.  I mainly use the distress ink for sponging, not stamping.  I don't use my ink pads like I used to since discovering the world of Copic Markers, but I do use them for sentiments and the occasional solid stamp.  Even though I don't use them often, I don't think I'd ever be able to part with them!



I store my ColorBox Fluid Chalk, Memento and Tim Holtz Distress ink in this storage unit from Organize More. (I don't see this exact unit on their Etsy site)  I LOVE this unit.  It sits directly in front of where I sit at my desk so all the pads are within easy reach.  I have two Memento Tuxedo Black ink pads on the bottom right.  One is new and one is old.  I usually reach for the older one first, but if I can't get a good image, I use the newer one.  I really like the feel of the old one, but it is OLD :)

The frame that sits on top of the ink pad unit was given to me by my youngest for Mother's Day. She made it at school and it reads:  "MOM Awesome Loving Amazing Kind Goodhearted"  Love that girl.






Just another shot with some of the ink pads out so you can see them :)




I store my Stampin' Up pads and all of my refills in the Stampin' Up' ink tower.  I've had this for probably five years.  It sits behind me and to the right so if I turn to the right in my chair, they are easy to reach.



I have all the ink pads organized by color family, as in blues, greens, pinks/reds, etc.  Makes the colors easier to find.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my ink pad storage!  Not too exciting, but organized!

Oh, before you go, don't forget to leave a comment on my blog candy giveaway here!  I'll be doing the random drawing this Friday!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love you ink pad storage system Jackie

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous and very effective storage system Jackie. I am jealous of that awesome SU ink tower...yummie!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Totally fabulous Jackie!! Thanks for sharing!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Bridget said...

You've got everything beautifully organised, Jackie, and it must be fantastic to have things close at hand when the creativity is flowing! : )

Jill Norwood said...

What a wonderful product for ink pad storage! I bookmarked it on ETSY so that hopefully I can purchase one in the near future! Thanks so much for the info! :)

Tanya said...

Love your ink storage. I have something similar for my SU ink pads but it's wood, not white=(

Jodi Collins said...

Fabby storage Jacks!!