May 29, 2012

My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge

Hi everyone!  Did you know that MFT has a Guest Designer Challenge every month?  The winner of the contest wins over 200.00 in stamp sets and Die-namics, and also has the opportunity to play along with the design team for the next release and all of the Wednesday Stamp Club Challenges for the next month!!  You can check out all the details HERE!

This month's Guest Designer Challenge is an awesome SKETCH so I couldn't help myself and played around for fun!

My daughter will be promoting from 5th grade later this week and I was in need of a card for her teacher, so I used this sketch for her card!

I was inspired to use Inspired By Flowers Set 4 after seeing this beautiful card by Michele Boyer.  The flower was colored with Copics, was cut out and popped up for dimension.  The sentiment is from Vintage Cameo and was cut out using the Die-namics Oval STAX set 1.  The rectangle under the flower was cut using the Rectangle STAX sets 1 and Rectangle STAX set 2.  The little green panel with the brads was cut out with the Die-namics Mini Tab Foursome.  Some machine stitching finishes the card.  The papers are from the Simple Stories Summertime 6x6 pad.  



On the inside I stamped the flower using Jenni Bowlin Spice Tin ink and finished with some machine stitching.




And here are the Die-namics I used:







And here is the Guest Designer Sketch:




The MFTeasers start today so head on over to the MFT Blog to see what each participating designer did with today's set!  I will have my first MFTeaser for you tomorrow!

Also, if you haven't already signed up for my MFT Giveaway, then make sure you sign up HERE!  I'll draw a random winner on Friday!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie!!

Anonymous said...

Wowza Jackie! This is gorgeous!! Love the colors and the papers and of course your flower looks fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration :) Hope you have a great day!

Jodi Collins said...

SO beautiful Jacks!! LOVE the papers and stamps you used!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, this is BEAUTIFUL!! These are my FAVORITE papers right now...LOOOOVE them!

Jill Norwood said...

Jackie - this is so gorgeous! I just ordered this 6x6 paper pad and can't wait to get it - love the colors. I tried the challenge this week for the first or second time ever. I had fun but I am still just an amateur!!!

Heidi said...

I just love that DSP: you did a beautiful job on this one.

Mary J said...

Wow, that's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Pedro, this is a beauty!