April 21, 2014

MFT April Creative Challenge - Patterned Flowers

Hi there everyone! It's time for the monthly Creative Challenge over at My Favorite Things and this month we were challenged to make patterned flowers. This challenge was a no-brainer for me because if you read my blog on a regular basis you KNOW I love my patterned flowers! Make sure you head on over to the MFT Blog for a link to each participating designer.

I made a card with a matching gift box for today's challenge. The colors I used are Nightshift Blue, Pink Lemonade, Spearmint, and Sweet Tooth. The box was made using this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. I've made many of these boxes before and they are super easy to assemble and decorate.

I stamped the large Nightshift Blue layer and the Spearmint Leaf-Filled Flourish with the Wood Plank Background with each coordinating ink. The rounded panel was stamped in Pink Lemonade using the Plaid Background Builder. The Pretty Posies were stamped with the Typewriter Text Background in Pink Lemonade ink. The sentiment is from Beautiful Baby and was stamped in Nightshift Blue ink.

Here is the set:


Here is just the card:


Detail of the patterned flower on the card:


The finished inside of the card:


Here is the cute box. It's the perfect size for some chocolates or even a bracelet.


Detail shot of the box:



Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card:




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

10 comments:

AmyR said...

This is so pretty!! Love the colour combo too!

Tracey said...

I am loving the colours!! So pretty!!

Gabby said...

BEAUTIFUL card and gift box, Jackie! Love the colors and sketch. Nice layered flower, too. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful work, Jackie! I love the pink against the black, very striking!

JoAnn said...

Wow, so gorgeous. Love the patterned flower and the background. Great color combo.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Jackie! Love the details and the wood plank on the blue looks amazing.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous, I love the pink on black! Lovely printed flowers!

Joy said...

So pretty, love the pink against that dark background, gorgeous, hugs

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful set, Jackie!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Simply stunning, Jackie!