October 13, 2011

Viva la Verve Just Because!


Hi there and Happy Friday!  I'm happy it's almost the weekend!  We don't have many plans this weekend, just hanging out at the in-laws tomorrow and football on Sunday!  Oh, and maybe I'll sneak in a couple cards!

I sat down this morning to make a card for today's Viva la Verve sketch!  Maureen is our host this week and she has a fantastic sketch for you to play with!  I tweaked it just a bit by making my card a square, but I pretty much stuck to the original sketch!

 I pulled out Great Friend (one of my fave Verve sets and it's ON SALE) because it had been awhile since I'd used it.  The flowers were paper pieced.  I cut out each layer of flower and popped it up on foam tape for dimension.  Each flower was finished with a decorative brad.  The sentiment was cut out with an oval tab die from MFT.  The ribbon is some gorgeous seam binding from The Cat's Pajamas.  A little machine stitching finishes the card.

Here is the sketch:

We'd love to have you play along!  If you complete all the sketches for October, you'll be entered to win a Verve gift certificate!  You can see all the challenge details here!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh happy sigh....Verve flowers :) Gorgeous card using this amazing flower and love the colour combo and how you used Moe's sketch.

Dawn Easton said...

Jackie, this rocks girl! I LOVE that set and those layered flowers are FABULOUS! Great paper choices too!!! Can't wait to play along tonight!

Becky Carafa said...

Gorgeous, love the colors!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Really fun sketch! Love what you did with it, Jackie!