August 6, 2010

Taylored Expressions Release Day!

Hi there!!!  It's finally release day at Taylored Expressions!!  Woohoo!!   I have one more sample to show you using the adorable new set, Tweet Hearts!!


There are two stamps in the Tweet Hearts set that when combined make a bird bath, but I also thought they would make a a cute little mushroom.....so I went with it!  It's not very often that I get creative with my stamps, I use stamps as they were intended to be used, but occasionally my mind plays tricks on me!  LOL!

I stamped the mushroom caps and stems in three different colors, cut them out and adhered them together.  I then made some "grassy hills" with some Echo Park Summertime DP (from the Summertime Project Pantry Kit) and added some maching stitching to make each layer stand out a bit.  The cloud dp is also from the Echo Park Summertime line but it came from my LSS.  The sun is from Garden Party Blooms.  The sentiment is from Tweet Hearts and was punched out with a circle punch.  The sun needed a little something after I adhered the sentiment so I went a little crazy with the adhesive rhinestones, but I LOVE the way it looks!!  I also added some Taylor's Tiny Twinkles to the mushrooms and little bird to continue the sparkle!  A little machine stitching and ribbon finish it off!

Everything you've seen from the Baker's Dozen Sneak peeks is now available for purchase in the TE Store!

  There are also some fun new goodies that you don't want to miss:

Felt Trios - Taylored Expressions is proud to offer 9" x 6" sheets of wool blend felt in lots of yummy colors. This felt works wonderfully with our dies. We are offering 3 sheets in a trio of colors for just $1.00 (Triple Berry Trio, Fresh Veggie Trio, Winter-fresh Trio and Sundae Topping Trio) and 4 sheets (2 of each color) in our Marshmallow Creme Duo for $1.25. We are also offering the I Want it All Bundle for just $5.25.

Special Limited Time Offer - Purchase the Take Note Stamp Set and and all 3 of the coordinating Take Note Frame Dies in a Bundle for just $47.50 - that's 15% off the regular price!

Cinch - The TE Store is proud to bring you the Cinch and coordinating accessories for all your binding needs. And everyone who purchases a Cinch Book Binding Tool will receive a FREE Journal Kit* to help get you started with this FUN tool!

Don't forget to see what the Baker's Dozen has cooked up for release day!

Nancy McKinney (Whimsical Wishes Line Designer)
Stacey Schaefer (July & August Guest)

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Shopping!!

24 comments:

Anika said...

This is adorable, Jackie!

Melissa Sauls said...

THUD!! This is just amazing girl!! And I absolutely love it!! I totally didn't even envision making mushrooms, but these are just the cutest ever!! Such an adorable card!!

Marisa said...

Cute! Love the bling around the sun.

Barbara said...

Jackie, this is just adorable!! Love that little birdie perched up on that 'shroom!

Stacey Schafer said...

mushrooms?...of course! you are a genious, Jackie! your card is way cute:)

jan metcalf said...

Love the sun!

Nancy said...

You make me SMILE! So adorable and gorgeously crafted. You'll see your link on my blog for creative things to do with the birdbath pedestal. LOVE IT!!

DG said...

Super creative making the mushrooms - I love that idea and that sun looks fabulous, I love the look of it surrounded by the rhinestones. Great card!

Jami said...

Hey Jacks - you may have noticed that I grabbed your card from the gallery for the newsletter. I love everything about this card - so cute and so super creative!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Too, too cute, Jackie! I LOVE the mushrooms! So creative!

Dana said...

I am IN LOVE with your bird bath mushrooms Jackie! SO clever and too cute! I love mushrooms!

Karen Motz said...

Get out of town!!!!! You turned the bird bath into mushrooms...SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

Karen Giron said...

Love it when you go out of the box - clever girl!! This is just darling!

cgargus said...

When I was at CHA, I talked myself out of this one, and got the other new one, and thanks to you and Taylor's post, I have to have this one, too!!! Great card!

Gerri K said...

Jackie, I LOVE what you did with this stamp set!! These are the cutest mushrooms I've ever seen. Your blog is one of my favs!! Thanks!

Anne Tussing said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the way you added the bling.

Amy Kolling said...

I love how you made mushrooms here! This is just adorable!

Keva said...

Oh my goodness! What a pretty card. I love all of the little details and the colors are fabulous. Great card, Jackie!

Rose said...

Love your card, the stitching is awesome and all the bling! The colors are so fresh looking too.

Ida said...

Super Fun and Cute! So glad you thought of using the Birdbath as a mushroom (that's what I was thinking it was until someone used it as a birdbath) How fun you can do either.

Lisa H. said...

oh, wow! I'm sooo in love with this. all those stitched up rolling hills....gorgeous!

Carolina said...

What a darlin' scene you created here Jackie!!! Such a sweet card in every way...hope you had a nice weekend!

Jodi Collins said...

OMG Jacks! This is out of control girlie! FAB scene and I LOVE the papers, the grassy hills and all the cut out images! The bling totally makes it pop too!!!

Laurie said...

What a great little scene! I love those mushrooms! So sweet!