August 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day One!

Hi there!  It's day one of the Taylored Expressions Sneak peeks!  It's an exciting month at TE as Taylor is releasing something brand new.....Taylored Dies!!  Today the Baker's Dozen will be showcasing a new set from the Whimsical Wishes Line called Take Note along with it's coordinating dies!  This set was concepted by Jami Sibley and was illustrated by our own Nancy McKinney!!  This is a long post, so let's get to it!!


I made a cute grocery list for my project today!!  I'm notorious for making a grocery list, setting it aside and then forgetting where I put it or just forgetting it all together!  My hubby was thrilled when I showed him this project...he just hopes it gets put to good use!  It will!  LOL!



I used the Take Note Frame 1 along with it's coordinating stamp from the Take Note set.  Did I mention there are THREE frame dies that coordinate with THREE different frame stamps?  Heaven.....and these dies cut like butter!!  But I digress....
I stamped the frame in Dark Chocolate ink and cut it out perfectly with the Take Note Die in my Cuttlebug using the same sandwich as I would for my Nestabilities dies or other metal dies.  I used some October Afternoon Farm Fresh DP that I thought worked perfectly with my Grocery List theme.  I stitched around the dp with my sewing machine.  I felt the list needed something else and while searching through my Taylored Expressions stamps I remembered the vegetables from last month's new set, Weigh To Go!  I used the carrot and the broccoli!  Isnt' it cute?  I finished off with some buttons from my stash and some Farmer's Market Twine in Chocolate.



I also finished off the inside by adding some of the same DP to make a pocket to hold my coupons!!  I bought these notepads at Papertrey several months ago.  The measure 2 1/2" x 8".  To make the folder for the notepad I cut a 6 1/4" by 8 1/4" piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock, scoring at 3" and 3 1/4" on the 6 1/4" side. 

This next card shows how you can use the die without the coordinating stamps!!  I love to have different shaped dies in my arsenal and this one is SO PRETTY!  Love the soft scallop shape!  I paired it this time with my favorite Garden Party Blooms set.  The DP and ribbon are from the Summertime Project Pantry kit.  The sentiment is from the TE Extra Credit set.  I sponged all of the Kraft with Tea Dye distress ink and finished it off with some adhesive pearls.

I hope I've inspired you with my projects today!  Now it's time to take a peek at what the rest of the girls did with today's set!


Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Jackie....Oh no! Not more dies! LOL....I love your little notepad project....and yes I will be checking out the new dies! :)

Erica said...

I love your grocery list/coupon book! I need to make one of those so I will remember to actually use my coupons. I'm excited about the new dies, too!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Jackie! Love your grocery list pad and all those flowers on the card.. LOVE it all!!

Nancy said...

WOW, Jackie!! This clever grocery list and coupon book is something I would actually keep with me. You've done amazing things with the new Taylored Dies--your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for mentioning me in your post. ;)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh my! I neeed a grocery list like that to bring with me! It's stunning, and it would make everyone else jealous ;) Stunning card too! I like how you used the die and all those flowers are divine :)
hugs, margie

Jami said...

Your grocery list is PERFECTION - LOVE IT! And I alwaays love what you do with Garden Party Blooms! Aren't you just dying to get those dies? I know I am!

Mandy said...

LOVE this, Jackie! I need one of these! :)

Linda said...

Love your ideas! the place for coupons is perfect.

Sankari W. said...

HOly moly girlie!!! This is gorgeous - Love love that super sweet little grouping of veggies on the die - what a great little coupon holder!!! And all those flowers and that Kraft Magic is amazing Jackie - serious gorgeoussssssssnesssss!!!! You rock the mic!!!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Jacks! Your coupon book is AHHHHH-mazing! LOVE the veggies you used! Your flower card is out of this world too!!! Just FAB girlie!!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Jackie, these are some rockin projects you have here! Awesome work girlie!!

DG said...

Your Grocery List is to DIE for (oops lol) It's just so cleaver to have added the Coupon Section. I have to make me one of these. I also ADORE the veggies you added. They really are a perfect fit.

Your card is fabulous. I love all the flowers you added to it - What an awesome card!

Julie said...

OMG I love those new dies! Can't wait to see them all! Love your project, Jackie!!

Melissa Sauls said...

WOWZA!! I ADORE your Grocery list!!! The cover just looks absolutely amazing AND inviting, but what put me over the edge is the coupon holder!! My coupons always end up lost (thanks children) throughout the store.
LOVE your card using all those flowers too...just gorgeous!

Anne Tussing said...

The grocery list is great. How are perfect those little vegies?!?! I love the card too. You did a great job with those beautiful flowers.

jan metcalf said...

What a lovely birthday card!!

Taylor said...

That grocery list is ADORABLE!! I need one too and how clever to put the coupons in the front! And I love how you used the veggies from the Weigh to Go set in there... they're perfect for a grocery list! :)

And I can't wait to get these blooms dies to you... I can't believe you cut all those flowers by hand! You go girl! :)

Maria Elena said...

Wow This is adorable !!!
Have a great Thursday !
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Ida said...

Great project with the grocery list.
That card is to "die for" fun and gorgeous!

Rose said...

I love your grocery list project, just too cute! Also love your pretty blossoms card, just adorable.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE the grocery list with the pocket for coupons! How awesome! And that card is just BEAUTIFUL!

Karen Motz said...

Cute cute cute cute CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that grocery list with the smiling veggies and your card with all the paper pieced flowers is gorgeous!!!!!!!

Karen Giron said...

Look how happy those little veggies are on that frame!! What a fun grocery list!! And those flowers are to die for!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are both fabulous!! Love them!!

Lisa H. said...

this is fabulous. the grocery list rocks-lovin' the dies and I really love how you used it all by itself. gorgeous work.

Carolina said...

Veggies for the grocery list - brilliant girlie!!! Your bloom card is as sweet as sweet can be!

Laurie said...

The grocery list is adorable! The card is beautiful! 2 great projects!