July 11, 2011

Verve After Party!


Hi there and Happy Monday!!  Verve celebrated it's newest release last Friday night and today we're having a little After Party!  All of the Diva's chose a favorite card they created for this release and are sharing them on the Verve Blog today!
 
I made a baby card because there are four babies being born into my family/extended family over the next 6 months and I'm hoping that one of them will be a girl!  This latest Verve release focused mainly on sentiment sets so I pulled out the new set, Small Phrases and paired it with my favorite To the Moon set.  The sketch is this week's Viva la Verve sketch from this week's host, Tosh! 
 
The elephant was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, was colored with Copics and was popped up on the frame from To the Moon with foam tape.  The frame was cut out with Square Nestabilities.  I paper pieced the kites and used Divine Twine for the kite string.  Some adhesive gems, crocheted ribbon and crinkled ribbon finish the card.
 
Here is this week's Viva la Verve sketch:
 
 
 
Click here to find all the details on how to play along with Viva la Verve!

That's all from me today!  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Jackie? OMG! This is so stinkin' cute!! I love that little window and the color combo! You are awesome! And boy have I missed you! ;)

Judy said...

Hi Jackie, this is so cute... I love the color combination it is one of my favorites. Have a wonderful day.
Judy

Amy Kolling said...

Ok Jackie....I love that little window with that elephant peeking out! Such an adorable card! So many details make this top notch! I love the bling on the scallops!!

BTW, thanks for the sweet comment on my post yesterday.....That means so much!!

Kristina said...

So cute, Jackie! All of my friends are currently having boys, so I'm living in the land of blue. It's so wonderful to see a little girl card! LOVE the brown and pink. One of these days, I'm really going to have to try using that frame as a frame rather than a background. :)

Allison said...

This is SO cute! I love it!

Karen Giron said...

Oh how cute! Love that little elephant sitting in the frame and all your bling is darling!

Becky Carafa said...

Wowsers, this is sooo adorable!!! Well, if one of those babies isn't a girl, you can send it to MY baby girl, lol!

Jessie/knightrone said...

SUPER adorable!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely adorable, Jackie! Those chocolate pinstripes behind him totally made me squeal with delight! Gorgeous!

Andrea Ewen said...

This card is so sweet, Jackie...you are right on with the colors, the design, the fabulous seam binding and those adorable twine kite strings!

Megan said...

Ohhh, thanks for showing this off!