September 12, 2011

MFT September Creative Challenge ~ NO COLORING!

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're all putting down the markers, pencils and paints and sharing projects with No Coloring!   Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

Wishing You Happiness:


My first thought when I saw this challenge was NO WAY! No coloring?  Not participating!  LOL!  I quickly changed my mind and decided to jump in!  It wasn't too bad after all.....

While rifling through all of my MFT stamps I decided to use the gorgeous Inspired By Flowers set #2.  The flowers in this set are BEAUTIFUL uncolored because they have so much detail.  Perfect for this challenge!

I stamped the rose in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a piece of patterned paper.  It was cut out with Circle Nestabilities.  The black striped layer was made with the Die-namics Solid Bracket Border die.  I masked off the sentiment leaving just the first two words and cut it out with a tag die Nestability.  It was tied to the crinkled seam binding with some linen thread.  Some machine stitching, adhesive gems and a rounded corner finish the front of the card.


This is the finished inside.  I stamped the flower one more time and completed the sentiment.


Well, that's all from me today!  I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

24 comments:

Melody said...

Great minds think alike!! Such pretty papers!

Sarah Gough said...

This is just gorgeous - who would even miss the colouring!?

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! So elegant!

Gabby said...

Wonderful, vintagey designed card! Perfect for the non-coloring challenge! I love it! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie! When I heard the challenge today I thought of that stamp set right away. This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh crap, my sketch card for next weeks look a lot like this one, sorry! LOL I guess great minds think alike! Beautiful Pedro!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeousness! That rose is stunning with these colors~

Lisa H. said...

soooo fabby!

Karen Motz said...

Beautiful Jacks! So pretty with that luscious bow!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie! Love your combination of papers!

Jodi Collins said...

STUNNING card Jacks! LOVE these papers and the stamps you used are perfect!!!

Rachel G said...

Gorgeousness! Love the colors with this stamp.

Sherrie said...

Perfect classic paper choices for the rose image....this is so beautiful!

Kim said...

Gorgeous Jackie!

Megan said...

Totally stunning! I love that black and white stripe--totally sets it off!

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous! So classy!

Becky Carafa said...

This is SOOOO elegant and gorgeous!

Becky Carafa said...

This is SOOOO elegant and gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous!! All those gorgeous papers set off the flower silhouette!!

Jen Shults said...

How have I not commented on this yet? I think I've stopped here twice, lol. I think I've been distracted by how amazing this is! I love the rose and the gorgeous seam binding bow. This is seriously FABULOUS!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Jackie, that rose makes such a stunning focal image! I love the vintage papers and ribbon you've used, and the stitching, it all compliments the rose just perfectly! Gorgeous work!

Julie said...

Oh my, this is stunning, JP!

Renee said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Aman said...

Such a pretty card! Love the vintage paper look of it!
~Aman
paperandcraft.blogspot.com