June 20, 2010

Happy Dad's Day!


Hi there everyone!  I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted!  Summer is getting in the way, I tell you!! 

Well, I sat down this weekend to stamp a couple Father's Day Cards for my Dad and my FIL.  I forgot to snap a pic of my Dad's card, but this is the card I made for my AWESOME Father-in-law!  If you're a regular reader of my blog then you know that my in-laws really love the cards I make them!  My MIL will keep her birthday card out for months!  Love that!  Both of my brothers-in-law will do the same!

Anywho....I used two Verve sets on this card.  The DAD is from Protector and the Happy Father's Day is from Father Figure.  I used these same patterned papers on another card I made awhile back and thought they would be perfect for this card.  I cut out each letter from Dad and popped it up on foam tape!  LOVE dimension on a card.  The sponging was done with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  The dp is October Afternoon Report Card.

Also, Verve has another release this week on Friday, June 25th!  Sneak peeks start this Wednesday on the Verve Blog!  You don't want to miss this release!!  Good stuff comin' your way!

I'll see you Tuesday with Mercy's new sketch!  Until then, my friends! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Protector, Father Figure (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Kraft, Vintage Cream, October Afternoon Report Card DP
Ink:  Night of Navy, Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Accessories & Tools:  Circle Nesties, Twine, Brads, Foam Tape

15 comments:

Marisa said...

Great card, Jackie :D Love the layout and colours you used.

Karen Motz said...

This is spectacular Jackie!!! I love everything about it...the papers, the layout and the twine frame around the edges!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this Jackie, great colors, and a nice, bold design!!

Amy Kolling said...

Wonderful masculine card!! Love your shading on the circle!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Jackie!

Allison said...

Great design. Love the colours, layout and the way you used the twine!

Erica said...

Fabulous card! I love the layout, the mix of patterned papers, and especially what you did with the brads and twine!

Danisha said...

Jackie, love the card. Love the boldness of it.

Becky Carafa said...

Love this layout, great man card! My mom does the same thing, she has a bunch of cards I've made her all lined up on the counter. Nice to be appreciated!

Kara said...

great card! i'm so glad to hear that your beautiful cards get the appreciation they deserve!!
kara

Jill said...

This is a(nother) WOW card, Jackie! The colors, layout, brad & twine combo, shading, dimension--all WOW! It's so nice to hear that your in-laws appreciate your talent and creativity! Can't wait to see your new Verve goodies!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Awesome card, Jackie. I love your design and colors. A great match of papers, stamps and embellishments. Great job!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Alright, this is just SO GORGEOUS. Love, love, love the twine, what a great masculine touch and so clever how you've used it. You've done your job well - I'm off to look at these sets on the Verve site, LOL!

Niki Estes said...

Oh, I love this, Jackie! I love everything (colors, papers, twine around the edges, sponging, everything)!

Laurie said...

The colors, the twine, the layout.....THUD! (That is a quote from you isn't it? hehe!)

I love it! Alot!