March 11, 2011

Have a Beary Happy Birthday {TCPTuesRETRO}



Yes, it's TCP Tuesday on a Saturday.....story of my life lately!  Alma is this week's Hostess with the Mostess and her challenge is to go RETRO!  Choose any past TCP Tuesday challenge and show us what you got!!  My card was made with TCP Tuesday 109....a super fun sketch from Leigh!


I LOVE to make round cards, but don't do it often enough!  I used a new set to me from The Cat's Pajamas, A Beary Good Year.  I paired PJ with some My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Gertie papers.  PJ was colored with Copics, cut out and popped up for dimension.  I gave him a fun party hat and some balloons (also from the A Beary Good Year) tied with my FAVE Divine Twine in Cherry.  Some machine stitching and a couple sentiment flags finish the card!

You can find all of the details for this week's TCP Tuesday RETRO challenge here.  I hope you'll play along!

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Absolutely Adorable Jackie! And pure genius to use the twine for the balloon strings - I'll have to try that with some of my balloon stamps! Love it.

Cathy Weber said...

This is really cute Jackie! The twine for the balloon strings was so creative. I love that the hat matched the balloons and they polka dotted. Great shading on the bear too.

Eva said...

Jackie, this is soooo ADORABLE!! I love the color combo and your amazing coloring!! Just love those balloons!!

Suzanne said...

Jackie, your colouring is phenomenal. The bear and balloons are perfectly done. I love how you've combined so many prints and fonts. I also love the embossing on the scalloped edge.

Dawn Easton said...

Totally cute girl! Love the colours! I don't often make shaped cards anymore, wonder why?! Thanks for the reminder! LOL! They look so fun!

Dana said...

Your coloring is amazing Jackie...how do you do it?! LOL
That bear looks like I could hug him he so 3D.
Fabby card!

Karen Motz said...

This is SUPER fun Jacks!!! LOVE the sentiment banners!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun card~ excellent photo BTW - so nice and close, great detail!

Leigh OBrien said...

This has it all, Jackie P....adorable, fun, and colorful!

Unknown said...

Jackie! That bear is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card Jackie - love your idea of making this one a shaped card!
Thanks for sharing, hugs, Ruth S

Becky Carafa said...

Sooo cute! Love the sentiment banners.

Kathy K said...

This card is so bright and fun! It makes me want to blow up some balloons and eat some sickly-sweet birthday cake! ;) I love the sentiment banners. They add so much to his! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Look at the twine with the balloons, flipping brilliant!