July 26, 2014

Birthday Rose {SSSC229}

Hi everyone! It's time once again for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch and is this week's sketch ever SWEET! I LOVE this week's layout. I hope you like it as much as I do and get a chance to play along.

My card today uses some of my favorite things from My Favorite Things ;) I've used the Wood Plank Background, Diagonal Stripe Background (for the checkerboard pattern), Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose, and Leaf Filled Flourish. The colors are Kraft, Red Hot, and Sweet Tooth.

Here is my card:


Detail shot of the rose. It was stamped with the Wood Plank Background in Red Hot ink. I also stamped the flourish with the same background stamp in Kraft ink. The checkerboard pattern was made with the Diagonal Stripe Background. I stamped it once and then turned it once and stamped it again to get the checkerboard pattern. 


The finished inside:


Here is this week's sketch:


Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:


Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card.




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

9 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Wow, Jackie!! Love the red and kraft.

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous Jackie. Love the colors and the way you always use background stamps to stamp your flowers. So pretty.

Lynn Put said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you used the wood plank stamp to add texture, especially on the rose, very pretty.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Jackie, the colors are fabulous! I love the wood plank on that pretty flower!!

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous!! I LOVE how you stamp on the flowers you create. SO pretty!!!

Barbara said...

LOVE that woodgrain flower, Jackie!!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the woodgrain stamping on the flower and flourish.

Gabby said...

LOVE this card, Jackie! The woodgrain, even on the flower looks great. Like all the design elements you used on this terrific sketch. :)

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE your card, Jackie! The woodgrain flower is fabulous and the colors are fantastic! XX