July 21, 2014

MFT July Creative Challenge - Improving on Pattern Perfection

Hi there everyone! It's time for the July Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things! This month's challenge is Improving on Pattern Perfection using the time-honored stripe! I got my love of stripes from my beloved grandmother, so this wasn't really a challenge for me!

Make sure you head on over to the MFT Blog for a direct link to each participating designer.

I couldn't stop with just one card, so I've got two to share with you today. I actually made three cards, but I will save the third for another time ;)

My first card is pretty shabby. I started by cutting four of the Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics from Kraft card stock. I layered them all together for dimension and painted the top layer with some liquid gesso. The Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose was cut from Pink Lemonade card stock and was stamped with the Diagonal Stripes Background in Bubblegum ink. I cut the Leaf-Filled Flourish from Translucent Vellum and again painted everything with a layer of gesso.

Here is my card:


Detail shot:


The finished inside:


My second card uses the Diagonal Stripes Stencil with some modeling paste, along with the Diagonal Stripes Background.

Here is my card:


Detail shot. I need to reach for the stencils and modeling paste more often. Love the texture of the not-so-perfect stripes! The Tag Talk Die-namics (this month's Free with $60) was cut from Steel Blue card stock and stamped with Steel Blue Hybrid Ink using the Diagonal Stripes Background.


The finished inside:





Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my cards.





Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

11 comments:

Gabby said...

Great cards, Jackie! Adore the kraft and white. I bought the stripes die and I love it. Great use of texture, vellum and the tag word die on the second card. Like the white/gray/pink color theme, too. :)

Jody Morrow said...

Those are pretty! I love the distressed look of both cards. The striped flowers are SO pretty.

Kim said...

Wow, Jacks! Beautiful!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Wonderful striped accents, Jackie! I especially like the shabby-ness of your first card, with gesso everywhere! And the touch of embossing paste lines on the 2nd card is perfect!

Tracey said...

These are stunning Jackie!!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Great cards! Love the pink :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Jackie. I love them both and all the details of each one. Great job.

Alina said...

oh, so beautiful, Jackie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pedro, can you come over to my house and teach me your ways!!! I will be your apprentice!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Love the different distressed feels of both of these, Jackie! I love how you layered the cover up. The paint is fabulous with all those beautiful details. I have the paste and not even opened the jar. This second card gives me incentive! Beautifully done!

Becky Carafa said...

Oh.My.WORD!!!! These are gorgeous!