July 5, 2014

Masculine Birthday {SSSC226}

Hi there! It's time for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch! This week's sketch is a great basic and looks terrific both vertically and horizontally. I flipped it on the horizontal and made a birthday card for my brother-in-law.

I used some new soon-to-be-released stamps and Die-namics from My Favorite Things. The colors I used are Primitve White, Steel Grey, and Natural. You will find links to all of the products I used on my card at the end of this post.

Here is my card:


Here you can see the dimension I achieved by die-cutting "Happy" five times. I say this often, but dimension is your friend.


The finished inside: (sorry for the weird lighting on this card)


Here is this week's sketch:


Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:


Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card.




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

12 comments:

Georgiana said...

My favorite color! Great birthday card!

Luanne said...

Awesome masculine card! Love this!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you have me sold on the layer-up idea, at this is frigin' awesome GF! And the colours are really great together too!

Tracy said...

Wow Jackie this is freakin' amazing! I love the dimension and colors.

Karen Giron said...

Jackie, this is perfect! I love the chipboard look with the die cut - wow!! Perfect for those guys out there.

Barbara said...

This is way cool, Jackie! Perfect guy card!

Nora Noll said...

Pin, pin, pin!! I LOVE this!! The masculine colors, you layered die cuts. Awesome card!!

Karen Motz said...

What a handsome card Jacks!! Love how you added pattern to the banner and flag elements.

Gabby said...

LOVE this card, Jackie! Awesome design and colors. I agree that stacking words/letters/die cuts creates a great, dimensional effect. Rather than cutting multiple layers to raise them, I often cut a couple layers of thicker chipboard or fun foam. Either works great and if you want to make the sides of the stack the same as the top, just ink 'em up. :)

Lori said...

Great masculine design! Love all the patterns you added here.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Love this masculine card. I need to make more of these for sure.

Dana White said...

Jackie this is fantastic - the colours are perfect and I love how the Happy is dimensional