February 1, 2014

Hello {SSSC205}

Hi there! It's Sunday and time for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch! Karen has a very simple and straight forward sketch for us to play with this week, so I hope you get a chance to play along.

I just finished the Online Card Classes: Stenciled class and felt inspired to use a stencil on my card today. I settled on the Moroccan Tiles Stencil from MFT and paired it with modeling paste. I love how much texture and dimension this adds to a card. The modeling paste is white, but looks tonal against the Grout Gray card stock. I used the Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose to make the flower. It was stamped with one of the stamps from Art Expression Text before assembling. The sentiment is from Sweet Roses and was cut with the Fishtail Flags STAX. Layered beneath the rose is the Leaf-Filled Flourish and a Mini Delicate Doily cut from vellum. When the main panel was assembled, I gave it a spritz of Shine spray before adhering the pearls.

Here is the card:




Here is this week's sketch:



Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:





Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the paste and sketch! I can't believe how many stampers took this class -- crazy attendance!

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous Jacks! Love the look of the modeling paste and the flower is so pretty!

Tracy said...

Not enough adjectives to do this beauty justice! Simply stunning Jacks! This stenciling technique is amazing. These colors are so elegant and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh Pedro, this is beautiful! I need to take that class too, have no idea where to start with those stencils.

Barbara said...

You are rocking the stencils, Jackie! Gorgeous card!

Dana White said...

Jackie this is beautiful

Marsha Reed said...

Such a beautiful, elegant card! Love the stenciled layer.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous, Jackie! Love that flower and the soft colour pallet you used. Well done with the modelling paste too.

Rhonda said...

Love the monochromatic color scheme.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

Lisa H. said...

THIS is stunning! love the modeling paste.

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous Jackie!!! So many wonderful details.

JD/ Jill said...

This ia aweseome the design and the muted colors...So pretty. Now I know I have to get my stencils out!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful! Love the texture of the paste. And all the dies you used gives it added interest. Great job!

kshuffler said...

I love this card. I've never seen this flower.