February 8, 2014

MFT February Release Countdown: 3!

Hi there! Welcome back to the February Release Countdown from My Favorite Things! We have some more fun stamp sets and Die-namics to debut today so make sure you head on over to the MFT Blog for all of today's details and full set reveals!

I have a mixed media card to share today that uses the new Simply Fabulous Sayings. I LOVE this set and I think you will, too!

To start, I chose the sentiments from Simply Fabulous Sayings I wanted to use with my card and stamped them in Black Licorice ink on two Fishtail Flags. I spritzed the sentiment flags, base layer, and Fancy Butterfly with a mix of Pink Lemonade ink refill and Sheer Shimmer Mist using a mini mister. The butterfly has a beautiful sheen that was hard to capture on camera. The Leaf-Filled Flourish was also spritzed with the same mixture, but I finished it with a quick spritzed of Kraft ink refill and water from a mini mister.

The textured pattern on the base layer was made with the Fishnet Stencil and modeling paste. MFT Stencils are quickly becoming one of my "go-to" tools. So versatile. Peeking out just under the butterfly is another new fave of mine, the Mini Delicate Doilies.

Here is the card:


Detail shot:


The finished inside:



Only Three More Days Until the February Release!


Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card.




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

16 comments:

Tammy H said...

Breathtaking! My sister loves butterflies and has a birthday next month. I just might have to lift this one in order to make her smile big time.

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is stunning.

Debbie Nelson said...

Gorgeous card...oh, how I love butterflies!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Love how you used the shimmer mist! Great card!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, jackie!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful, Jackie! You are making me want to pull out my stencils and put them to good use. Because it totally makes sense for them to sit in a basket in my craft room, right? ;)

Tracey said...

This is lovely Jackie!! So very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I really need to attempt the stencils as yours looks so flawless! Another great card from Pedro!

lynda said...

The modeling paste & the mist make the card just go over the top!

Marisa said...

GORGEOUS!!

Anonymous said...

What fun mixed media you have going on here. I reallllly want to try the molding paste, it looks like so much fun. Love the layers with the die cuts.

Patt H. said...

A beautiful card! This one is just amazing! Love it!

Jan said...

Love the monochromatic palette!

jeannine said...

Beautiful! Love the textured BG and the beautiful doily peeking out!

Janelle said...

Just beautiful. All your details add so much.

Unknown said...

A very pretty card