February 24, 2014

MFT February Creative Challenge - Fun with Stencils

Hi there! It's time for the February Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things! This month we were challenged to use MFT's stencils on our cards or projects. I LOVE the stencils and own most of them so I couldn't wait to get creative. Head on over to the MFT Blog for a link to each participating designer.

I have two cards to share today so let's get to it.

I went clean and simple for my first card. I used the Falling Hearts Stencil with some modeling paste. I LOVE the texture and dimension that modeling paste adds to a project. The Pink Lemonade strip was cut with a die from Blueprints 2. The sentiment was cut with the Lots of Love Die-namics. I cut each word five times from Smooth White card stock and glued them together and added a sixth layer with Black Licorice card stock. It looks so cool and dimensional in real life. I did the same layering technique with the arrow from Lead the Way. And that's it!

Here's the card:


Detail shot:


Here is the finished inside:


I used the Fishnet Stencil to dry emboss the Grout Gray card stock on my second card. I also sponged some Grout Gray ink on a few different portions of the card base to make the raised portion stand out. The sentiment is from Chalkboard Greetings and was stamped in Steel Grey ink on a Smooth White Pierced Rectangle STAX die-cut. The Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose and Leaf-Filled Flourish were both stamped with the Striped Background. The Mini Delicate Doily peeking out from behind the rose was cut from Smooth White card stock.

Here is the card:























Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

7 comments:

Lyn said...

Your cards are so inspiring, both are stunning, I love to see your creations pop up on my blogger dashboard!

Lisa H. said...

sooooo awesome, Jackie! I loooove the dimension on the arrow and love and your stencil work is fabulous!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

I'm in love with your second card, love the matching colors

Anonymous said...

Can I come over and just watch you craft!!!!

Becky Carafa said...

Jackie! These are so gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! Gorgeous!!! Love these, Jackie! I need to get myself some modelling paste!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Truly LOVELY card.