April 2, 2011

Chicks RULE!

Hi there and Happy WEEKEND!  I am so happy it's the weekend!  My week has been one of the busiest I've had in a long time!  My oldest turned 12 (sniff sniff) on Wednesday, she'd been sick for about a week with a terrible cold and the WORST COUGH which turned into a fever, chills and vomiting in the early morning hours of her birthday.  We found out that morning that she also had an ear infection (hence the fever and other junk).  She is much better now and has been participating in her first play!  The play opened on Thursday night with two shows, then two shows last night and the final two today!  Needless to say, stamping and blogging have taken a backseat to my Mom duties.  We've all been up late and are in desperate need of some good down time!  But you didn't come here for all that did you?  HA!  Let's get to the real reason you're here!



 I made this card for the latest Verve release with a new and DARLING set called Chicks Rule.  Isn't that the sweetest image?  I just love all of the fun and whimsical animals Julee has been designing!  And you better believe that you will be seeing this adorable chick paired up with some of the images from my favorite, To the Moon!

I paired Chloe the Chicklet, with some fun papers from Sassafras called Sweetly Smitten.  She's popped up from the basket for some dimension.  The bows were paper pieced and finished with a large adhesive pearl.  The scalloped button die is from MFT.  It was cut from the same papers and finished with some Cotton Candy Divine Twine.  The sentiment was cut out with the new Charming Oval Dies.  I just love the fun shape of these dies!  Some rounded corners and stitching finish the card!

The entire March Collection from Verve is also offered at a great price!  You can check out all the details here!  Offer good through April 15th!

Well, that's all from me today!  I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!  I'm hoping to get some quiet stampy time tomorrow!!

Thank you for stopping by!


13 comments:

Tammy E. said...

Is this adorable or what?!?! Love the colors and the baker's twine.

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, this is just the sweetest card!! Love your perfect stitching and the partial zigzag of the main panel! I just got this new set on Thursday and life hasn't allowed me time to play! It has a way of doing that...here's hoping your daughter gets well soon!

Diane Jaquay said...

Jackie, this is totally ADORABLE!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Adorable!!! Jackie, I just love pink & blue together - you paired them so sweetly for this super cute card :)

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute :) :)

Anonymous said...

So cute and pretty in springtimey colours ;)
That chickie is adorable, and I love your paper pieced touches. TFS, hugs, Ruth S

Keva said...

Jackie, this is so so cute!! Love the way you used that bow at the top. Love it!!

Renee said...

Super cute!!

Amy Kolling said...

Jackie! How have you been? Sorry, I've been around but have had zero time to comment! You know I love your work and this card is just adorable! I have fallen for that chick and may just have to have him soon! Love your layout with that button and twine in the corner!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely adorable, Jackie! Love the little partial zigzag stitches.

Ravengirl said...

So cute! Love little Chloe in the basket with the pink lined paper backdrop!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Jackie. :o)

Anonymous said...

I think your daughter gave it to me!!! I have bronchitis though and the cough is putting me over the edge! When 'Kim' called me (giggle) the other day, she thought I was my husband I sound so horrid. Anyway, onto the card....freaking darling!!!