January 6, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Day 3.....


It's day three of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions and there is A LOT to tell you about today!  The Baker's Dozen is peeking three new sets today plus a new Kid's Valentine Card Kit!!  I have many pictures, so I'll get right to it!


First off is a DARLING new set called Kid at Heart.  This set was designed by Taylor herself for the TE Collection.  It's PERFECT for kids or adults who are kids at heart!  I made this card with my hubby in mind, because you know.....He Floats My Boat!  LOL!  I don't know how he'll feel about pink ribbon, but I'm sure he'll love it because he always says I never make him cards, so this one is for him!  I used the sailboat image (1 of 22 images/sentiments) and paired it with this month's Valentine Project Pantry Kit.  I LOVE this kit!!  I made the "waves" using an EK Success Border Punch.  The bottom portion of the "waves" is popped up on foam tape.  A little machine stitching and a sentiment flag finishes it off!

Next up on the menu is the Kid's Valentine Card Kit!  Taylor asked all of us with kids if our kids would like to be a "Tiny Chef" and make some samples with the Valentine Kid's Card Kit and my girls were ALL OVER IT!  LOL!

Here they are with their finished projects:


This is Lauren!


This is Sarah!



The Valentine Kid's Card Kit  has enough supplies to make 20 kid's valentines.  There is patterned paper, ribbon, adhesive gems (round and hearts), colored cardstock and white cardstock.  Lauren made these two cards (and plans on making more) with the card kit and the new Kid at Heart stamp set.  See that frame?  It's part of Kid at Heart, too!  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the white background on both cards were embossed with the new Heart Impression Plate


These two were made by Sarah using the all of the supplies from the card kit with Kid at Heart stamp set.  Her sister, Lauren, tied the bows for her!  They thought up the layouts and everything on their own!  It was really fun to watch!  Don't you love the tilted panel on the card on the right!  A girl after my own heart! 

I think this might have been the best my girls got along all of Christmas Vacation!  They were complimenting each other and everything!  LOL

Okay.....now onto one more project using another new set called A Little Love.  A Little Love is a mini stamp set to coordinate with the favor frame die. This set was illustrated by Taylor as part of the TE collection and is great for sweet treats and tags!


I made a SIMPLE set of clear bag treats with Valentine M&M's for my girls to give to some of their best friends.  I personally don't like to go all out for the kids valentine treats because I've seen those kids just rip all of my hard work to shreds!  LOL. 


Here is a close up.  I simply filled a clear bag with some Valentine M&M's and finished it off with a tag I made using A Little Love.  I cut the frame out with the Favor Frame Die and layered it on a From The Heart Frame Die that was embossed with the Heart Impression Plate.  It was attached to the bag with some baker's twine and a button.  At the end I added a stamped heart from the set.  It looked too plain so I simply added some red glitter with a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to the center portion of the heart.  My girls loved them!!

Whew......I hope you made it to the end!  Thanks for sticking with me!

Now don't forget to check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has cooked up for today!!!


Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Taylor said...

Fabulous projects, Jackie! I love how you inked the portions of the sailboat differently! And your little treat bags are super cute!

Lauren, your teeny, tiny bow is super cute and I love the knotted strand of ribbon too!

Sarah, way to get creative with the offset panel and the three little hearts under the love birds sentiment are the perfect touch!

Thanks for joining the Tiny Chefs, girls! You did a great job!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Super sweet projects, Jackie! ADORABLE! And look at your girls! So beautiful! Their projects are just WONDERFUL!

Dana White said...

Jackie your card is cute and your girls are super talented! Their valentines are fabulous!!

Karen Giron said...

Sarah and Lauren, your cards are just super cute! Love the frames and tilted panels - just like your sweet mom!

Jacks - your card is so cute with the waves against the kraft paper, and that bow - gasp!!!

Unknown said...

These are all fabulous as always Jackie--I really love the sailboat card and I'm sure your hubbie won't mind the pink bow, the boat makes up for it, right?? :) I LOVE the girls projects too-- wow, they are already majorly talented little stampers!! I can't wait for my daughter to get old enough to really enjoy it-- she had fun coloring and pushing the stamps down, but I can't wait to see the creativity! (Oh and totally agree on simple treats-- I have had that cringe moment watching kids rip into my hard work too!

Lea L. said...

These are so soft and pretty!! Love them! ♥♥♥

Regina Mangum said...

SO Sweet! Your TIny Chefs are just adorable. Lovin' all the projects. XOXO

DJreflections said...

Loved your boat card. Your waves were neat, too!

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

I am loving that die label. There are 101 different idea running through my head. Great cards and adorable girls.

Connie F. said...

These tiny chefs are GREAT. Their cards are adorable. Very creative - keep it up girls!!

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Wow, you all made some great Valentines cards...your girls are very talented!

Julie said...

Absolutely adorable! I LOVE the card you made your husband! I love your style!

Lauren & Sarah - Your cards are AWESOME! My Daughter Emily is 8 yrs old and cannot wait to make some of these cute Valentines. Thank you for sharing your talent!

Rose said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, love your boat and the waves. Lauren and Sarah's cards are awesome, they had the very best teacher! Stamping is such a fun family hobby. Your girls are very talented!

Dana said...

There is so much inspiration in this post, I don't know where to begin! Your girls are adorable and I love how proud they look. With those great cards I can see why!
Your sailboat card stole my heart. Love the layered green water.

dpkennedy said...

Your boat card is sooo sweet! I can't believe how amazing your girls Valentines cards are! Wow, ladies, you all did a fabulous job!!

Karen Motz said...

Wow Lauren and Sarah!!! your cards are sooooooo much FUN!!!! I love all the fun layouts!!!

Jacks...your stuff is fabulous too DAHling!!!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK!! Sarah and Lauren! Your cards are AH-mazing!! WOW! You are both SO talented!!
Jacks...of course, I ADORE your cards! LOVE that sailboat...FAB to the max! I can't get over how much the girls look like you!! They are GORGEOUS!

Becky Carafa said...

Awesome job, Lauren and Sarah! And mom, too. Love the treat bags, might have to case that.

Anonymous said...

EEK!! Look at those adorable girls and their cards....Mom, watch out, they may take over some of your design team work! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute!! Your girls did so good!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Lauren and Sarah did such a WONDERFUL job on their projects and you two are absolutely adorable!!!

Love that boat card too! :)

Amy Kolling said...

What great projects Jackie! Your girls are just beautiful and they made fantastic cards!