May 9, 2011

MFT May Creative Challenge!

Hi there!!  I am here with my first creative challenge for MFT!  I ALMOST didn't sign up because the challenge freaked me out and I didn't think I'd be able to complete it!  But I did and I LOVE my card!!

Here are some details about the challenge from MFT:

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique.
 
This month, Eva and Arlene have challenged us to give monochromatic coloring a try! Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!
 
Here's my card:
 
 
I colored my Being Cute Is What I Do PI image (currently being restocked) with Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol and a blending stump.  It has been forever since I broke out my Prisma pencils but I had so much fun playing around and trying to remember how to use them!  It's not perfectly colored, but I really love how it looks!  
 
I used a few different patterned paper lines for my card:  My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey and LilyBee Designs.  I also used my fave Die-namics Pretty Posies Dies and the new to me Die-namics Dizzy Border.  Some Cappucino Twine with a button, machine stitching and a sentiment flag finish it off!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oh my! This is STUNNING!!

StampOwl said...

love this Jackie

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Jackie! Love the use of the Die-namics and your coloring is outstanding...WOW:-D

Arlene said...

What an adorable card, Jackie! It's refreshing to see use of Prisma color pencils for a change and your coloring is perfect! ♡

Lisa H. said...

ahhhh! Jackie....love this sweetie!

Dawn Easton said...

You did a fabulous job with this challenge! She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! I want to add a bit more to that but this is a family program!!! :)

Megan said...

I think this is FAB. U. LOUS!!! I love your choice of dp and dienamics!! This is totally my most used (possibly favorite--if you can have one) dienamic and it looks fabulous!

Jodi Collins said...

Like there was EVER a question of you not ROCKING this challenge! This is STUNNING my friend!!!

Vickie Z said...

Wow... I would have run for the hills!! This is fabulous!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So elegant Jackie!! Just Gorgeous!!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Dana White said...

Jackie this is awesome. When I saw the sketch I was intimidated; but you've inspired me!!

Kim said...

Holy moly Jackie! Gorgeous!

scrappingnana said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colors and embellishments. TFS

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so CUTE, Jackie!!

Michele Boyer said...

Outstanding! Gorgeous color and coloring, gorgeous flowers...and I love the dizzy border!

Anonymous said...

This monochromatic look is adorable - your colouring still wows me, even though you may think you're out of practice! Get out ;)
Thanks for your inspiration for this cutie-pie card, hugs, Ruth S