May 6, 2011

Viva la Verve!

Hi there and Happy Friday!  I had a little time yesterday so I sat down to make a card using today's Viva la Verve Sketch over in the Verve Forums on Splitcoaststampers.  Maureen is our Diva Hostess this week and came up with a great sketch!


I was in need of a Mother's Day card for my Mother-in-law, so I pulled out the new Verve set, Love Deepens and got to work.  I stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate Ink, cut it out with Circle Nestabilities and before removing it from the die, sponged on some Rose Coral Fluid Chalk ink.  I layered it on a Lacey Circle Nestie cut from Kraft cardstock.  The larger Lacey Circle Nestie was also embossed with the Seeing Spots embossing folder.  I used two of my fave Verve dies, Sweet Scalloped Tag and Flutterby.  I also stamped the tag with the Sweet Scallop Tag stamp in Dark Chocolate Ink. The sentiment layer was not part of the sketch.....I just strayed just a bit.  Some chocolate twine, pearls and machine stitching finish the card.  The papers are My Mind's Eye Lime Twist "Life of the Party."


 
You can find all the Viva la Verve details and how you can play along here!

I hope you all have a great weekend!  We are busy all weekend with Mother's Day barbecues and birthday celebrations!! 

9 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, Jackie!! I love the patterned paper scallop tag and the embossed circle!! You are rockin' my sketch, girlie...so glad you played along this week :) hugs and happy mother's day to YOU!!

Niki Estes said...

So pretty, Jackie! I love the colors, paper, twine, everything!

Heidi said...

OMG, this card is awesome, I love all the shapes, textures and that sketch is sweeeet! Ok, the papers are luscious as well- gotta get some.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE all the patterned papers you combined! Gorgeous card!

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty! Great selection of papers! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, Jackie!
Your VLV card is beautiful!!!

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card. Love the papers and all the elements you used. TFS
Happy Mother's Day.

Keva said...

Jackie, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the papers and the details on the circle. Very pretty color choices, too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Wow, girlie!!