May 31, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks: Beach Day!



June Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 3rd at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department in the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets on Thursday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Special Early Bird Offer on Release Day for the first 15 orders over $100.  It's TOTALLY SWEET!
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and all will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Thursday 6/2 at 7pm for the drawings.
Today we are introducing A Day in Paradise, Moka Lani, Beach Belle, Surf's Up, a new Palm Tree die and a new Wave border die.  I have two samples to show you using Beach Belle and A Day in Paradise!  Let's get started, shall we?


My first card uses the new Petite stamp set, Beach Belle!  The adorable penguins are back for this release all dressed and ready for some sun and surf!  Beach Bell is a set of 6 stamps on a 3" x 5.5" full color sturdy storage panel.  Beach Belle was illustrated by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink line.

I paired Beach Belle with some fun Hello Luscious papers from Basic Grey.  Some of the patterns from this line remind me of Hawaiian prints and thought they'd be perfect with Belle.  Belle was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, was colored with Copics and was popped up for dimension.  The the border at the bottom?  That's the awesome new Wave Border die.  I used it upside down and love the look!  I finished the card with some rounded corners using my beloved Corner Chomper, some machine stitching and a button tied with some baker's twine!



My second card uses the sophisticated Cape Cod beach themed set, A Day in Paradise.  This set was illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line.  A Day in Paradise a set of 21 stamps that come on a full color sturdy storage panel. 

I started off with this week's Mojo Monday sketch, Mojo193, although I did change up the sentiment panel to suit my card.  I used some of my fave new papers, the Fly a Kite line from MME Lime Twist.  The beach chairs were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and were colored with Copics.  I paper pieced the umbrella with a pattern from the same line.  They were cut out with Rectangle Nestabilities.  Some machine stitching, brads and twine finish the card.  Clean and simple.....

Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has cooked up with today's sets!

Nancy McKinney

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Judy said...

Jackie these are so stunning. I love the use of twine on them.
Have a great day!
Judy

wendy said...

Love your color choices....such cute cards

Marisa said...

That little penguin is too cute! Fabulous use of DPs and love the pops of black. Great take on the mojo sketch too!

Vicki said...

I want the chairs and umbrella!

Anonymous said...

Jackie! Fabulous cards! I am in love with that layout and paper you used for the beach chairs card....genius! Both cards are great!

Regina Mangum said...

Jacks, your cards are just darling and I love the colors that you used...so soothing! XOXO

Eve said...

how cute! Luv the background paper for that penguin card!! And the combo on background papers for the 2nd very RELAXING card!! :-)

Tami Grandi said...

these are both just fabulous!

RedGem said...

These cards are great... and I especially love penguin stamps. Tks for sharing!

Mia said...

A day in paradise...such a sweet card. Makes me long for an umbrella drink. Thank you for sharing.

Karen Motz said...

Now that is FUN paper for Beach Belle and I LOVE the layout on the chairs card!!! It totally brings the focus to the chairs!!!!

Taylor said...

Oh how cute, Jackie!! I love the addition of black on your penguin card and I would give just about anything to be sitting in one of those adirondack chairs right this moment! Ahhhh...so peaceful!

Jackie said...

That little penguin is just fabulous and OMG the chairs card is stunning! I love both cards, amazing job!

Jules said...

so ready to just sit down with a drink in those Adirondacks!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Awesome cards! Really love the beach chairs with the way you pieced the umbrella and used your patterned paper!

Chris L.

Lisa J said...

Lovely cards ~ I can't wait to see the full release!

Kathi said...

Wonderful cards. I love the layers and the wonderful new stamps you featured.

This new release is fantastic!

Natalie said...

Both cards, ADORABLE!!

jan farnworth said...

wonderful cards

irishgalkelly said...

Both of your cards are adorable! I love how you flipped the waves on the first one and the second one draws you in to sit down and feels so peaceful. Very inspiring!

Billie A said...

both cards are great I want to be on the beach on one of those chairs. The penguin is darling.

Jodi Collins said...

BEAUTIFUL my friend! That Beach Belle is ADORABLE and your second card makes me want to relax by the ocean!

Glenda J said...

These are both terrific! Great colours!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What gorgeous cards, Jackie! Love the beach chair card and that hula Penguin is just the cutest!